Thou Have Come, 2009




A happy New Year! Grant that I

May bring no tear to any eye

When this New Year in time shall end

Let it be said I've played the friend,

Have lived and loved and labored here,

And made of it a happy year. ~ Edgar Guest


A week has passed since New Year's Day. I figured it’s time I wake up from my moroseness and tackle the New Year. How, I’m not so sure yet but come what may, I guess I’ll just have to persevere.
I guess my sullen attitude toward the New Year stemmed from the fact that 2008 ended with bad news. My dream will not come true. It just won’t, thanks to UPM and its idiotic, perverse policies. My dream now has to be transformed to a different form, a form I have difficulties defining at the moment.
Looking back, 2008 had its ups and downs. The ups naturally served as a morale booster. The downs were nerve-wrecking; and served as slaps in the face, not the insulting kind, but the added-value-to-life kind. I thank God, The All-knowing.
I am through with New Year resolutions. I just want to be a better person, full stop. And I pray that 2009 will be a better year than the previous one; professionally and personally. Amen. Bye 2008, hi 2009!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home