Planet Hollywood and Palm Reading

Shah
Ahmed
Hazimah
Prem
Putra

Teaching is not a profession; it is a passion. ~ Anonymous

If ever one is blessed with sooooooooooo many kids, surely it is I. If you ask me the number of kids I have, I can’t give you an exact number. Man, I can’t even remember some of their names. Suffice to say, my kids would make up more or less 10 soccer teams; would need more or less three large buses to transport them and more or less a row of 15 link houses to shelter them. Let’s not get started with the food and beverages.
This afternoon, as I was invigilating an exam, I took a long hard look at them. Some looked totally composed, some weary, some indifferent, and some blank. Whatever expression they had on their faces, I think they still looked cute. Then I started thinking about my other kids. And how lucky they were for not having to toil and sweat in the exam hall. Five of them, to be exact. Now, these would be my super duper kids. Super duper because they’re adults and more educated than the ones sweating and laboring in the exam hall. Man, some of them are even older than me.
To commemorate the end of the semester, my super duper kids and I decided to end our patronage at the school canteen. We went out to have dinner at Planet Hollywood. Prem made a reservation for a table right in front of the stage where the band performs. Hazimah drove us all dressed-to-kill ladies. The guys, Putra, Shah and Ahmed went in another car. As we arrived quite late, we quickly ordered for some food and it goes without saying, we had a feast!!! With nice music in the background and our tummies filled to the brim, we stayed for the live band. Then Putra and Prem suggested palm reading; a talent they claimed they had. I was ecstatic and offered my palm within seconds. To believe or not to believe was certainly not the question at that time :-)
Here’s what Putra had to say:
I am somebody who has a lot of things going on in her mind. I have to take care because if I think too much, my health is going to be affected. (True. Nowadays there are so many things that are bugging me. My kids’ papers; my virtual beefcake; my application to further studies which I keep postponing; and my greedy uncle who wants to claim his portion of my late dad and my mom’s properties. Now, I certainly have a lot of things to think about, don’t I?)
I am somebody who will get what I want if I work for it. (True.)
I am somebody who’s better off single. (False. I still want a family.)
Here’s what Prem had to say:
I live a long life. (Yeeha!)

I have two loves in my life. The first one is already gone (My ex?), the second one is here
to stay. (My virtual beefcake? I hope so.)
I am a simple person who wants simple things in life. (Very true. If you asked me what is the difference between Mercedes C 200 or E 200, I wouldn’t know.)
I follow my heart; I might ask for opinions from other people, but I will still follow what my heart says. (True.)
Though Putra and Prem had slightly different ways of reading my palm, I reckon there are some truths in what they had read.
My super duper kids have been with me for quite some time. I have been blessed with their company. Putra is known for his amazing and often funny stories. Every time we gathered for our teh tarik session after class, he’ll surely have stories to tell and we’ll be laughing like a drain. In fact, when he’s not around, our teh tarik gathering becomes rather dull. Prem is our point of reference for the Indian culture and religion. Well, sort of, at least for this semester. She’s a wonderful kid; always prepared, punctual and zestful in class. Shah is also talkative. I pity and admire him for having to commute from Kuala Pilah to Serdang twice or thrice a week. Hazimah is okay, too. She’s a bit reserved in class but she certainly has a nice smile. Ahmed is my Arab boy. We learn a lot about the Middle East culture from him.
If ever one is blessed with wonderful super duper kids, surely it is I.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home