Calm My Wretched Soul

A wretched soul, bruised with adversity,
We bid be quiet when we hear it cry;
But were we burdened with like weight of pain,
As much or more we should ourselves complain.
~William Shakespeare



Calm My Wretched Soul

Calm the wretched pain in my soul
For I can’t possibly heal
With a pain that recurs and recurs.

Calm the wretched blues in my soul
For I can’t possibly rejoice
With what I’ve never got.

Calm the wretched hope in my soul
For I can’t possibly hope
With a future that looks bleak.

Calm the wretched wrath in my soul
For I can’t possibly defuse
When I reach the intended limit.

Calm the wretched love in my soul
For I can’t possibly love
When my love is feeling wretched.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home