Bundle of Joy

Babies are the best gifts God can give us and I am thankful to God my family received one recently. On 9 May 2013, my sister Wani gave birth to a baby boy. I was overjoyed! I think if my Dad had been around  he would have been overjoyed, too. Yes, in my family, except for my late Dad, we are all girls. There's my mom, me and my two sisters. It must have been very lonely for my Dad, to be the only guy in the family *chuckle*.
When my sister Awin gave birth to her first (and only) child, it was a girl. My Dad was around at that time. I don't know whether he was disappointed or not. I guess deep in his heart he regretted the fact that he didn't have a little guy of his own. He had more or less mentioned it to me, albeit in a joking manner. But when Arina arrived, he became a doting grandfather instantly. She became the apple of his eye.
When my sis Wani got married, my Dad was no longer around. Two years after she got married, she gave birth to my niece Qaleesha. When she went for those maternity check ups, we found out that it was going to be a girl. *Bummer*. But we were happy, nevertheless. 
The second pregnancy was welcomed, but every time my sis went for her check-ups, the sex of the baby could not be determined. My sis was convinced she was going to get another girl. I however, wasn't convinced. Looking at her rather strange, protruding tummy shape, which was different compared to when she first got pregnant, I had thought that it was going to be a boy. And I was right! Yeeha!!!
Welcome to the world, Muhammad Qaleef Armand! You have no idea how we had anxiously waited for your arrival! We now have a guy in the family! Yeah!!! 
May you grow into a fine man, Qaleef, like your late Tok Dad and please don't be a heart-breaker....hehehe...


  
One-day old Qaleef      

Proud GrandMama!

Qeesha, the doting sister...!


                                                    Tall li'l guy!

                                                  Two's a munchkin!
                   

Build me a son, whose heart will be clear, whose goals will be high, a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men, one who will learn to laugh, yet never forget to weep, one who will reach into the future, yet never forget the past. ~ Anonymous




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home