2013 NYE

If there was anything I would like to do on NYE, it would be watching fireworks. As 2013 approached, I got my wish. A couple of friends had rented an apartment near KLCC for this purpose so they invited me over. I was supposed to feel exhilarated but with Fir's death coupled with my failure to finish Chapter 3, my mood was really sombre. I almost picked up the phone telling them I wouldn't be able to make it. My plan was to stay at home and drown in self-pity. But since I'd promised them that I would come, my conscience got the best of me. I dragged myself  lazily off the couch and drove to KL.  I was the last to reach the apartment. To kill time, we exchanged gifts. Earlier on Nal had instructed everybody to each bring a gift and the gift should not be worth more than 10 ringgit. I got a fridge magnet and it went to Ecket. Ecket's room deodorizer went to me. Coincidentally. Hehe. Everybody got a gift, including the kids. Everybody was happy.
15 mins to 12, all of us went down and walked to KLCC Park to watch the fireworks. I've never, ever, been so close to the location of fireworks before. Except when I was in Disneyland. I enjoyed it tremendously then. It went on and one for about 30 mins and was so remarkable I didn't want it to end!
The KLCC fireworks lasted for 8 mins.  Nal said 8 mins was longer than usual because before this it only took 6 mins. I enjoyed it tremendously, nevertheless. The popping sounds scared me sometimes and I knew then that we were very close to the fireworks. At times I felt like it was going to fall on me! I took a couple of pics and stopped after that. Didn't want to miss the joy of simply watching and savouring the moment!
So I  finally got my wish. I take that as a good sign as 2013 kicked off.  At least it kicked off with a blast!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home