(Early) 2012 Ramblings...

I had many reasons to be happy when 2012 kicked off.

First, I lost 5 kg (at the time of writing this though, I'd lost 6 kg...)

Even though this pic is not very clear, I like the silhouette of my body. It is a testament of my hard work losing 5 kg. My whole life I've never, ever gone on a diet.

I like this pic very much because I looked really happy (I was happy, anyway). Plus, I think my arms look leaner (result of weight-lifting at the gym). Dieting coupled with exercising yielded a better result, definitely. 

Second, I’m done with Chapter One of my thesis (all 140+ pages of it). Yeeha!!!

Third, I wasn’t alone on the eve of New Year’s Day. I was crooning at the top of my lungs with a good friend in Johor Bahru until the clock stroke midnight!

Fourth, I was in Singapore for a whole-day trip on New Year’s Day, a trip that made one of my dreams come true. Hint: Keroncong. What 2011 taught me was, it really sucks to be alone on New Year’s Eve and on New Year’s Day. So I was really determined not to be miserably alone, at home, when 2012 ushered in. Uh-uh. Never again. I didn’t get to see fireworks on the eve of 2012, though. Perhaps I get to do this when 2013 ushers in. Hehe. Somehow I’d already planned where I’ll be next year. Anybody wanna join this pathetic soul?

Fifth, I bought 5 very interesting books. What better way to start off the New Year, eh, being the book lover that I am? 4 of these books are related to my therapeutic hobby nowadays, which is cooking. Hmm. Let’s hope I get to try some of the mouth-watering recipes in these books, eh?

Book # 1 ...

Book #2 ...

Book #3 ...

Book #4 ...

The last one, Kamus Peribahasa Melayu, is my favourite among the five. I didn’t even think of buying something like it until I accidentally stumbled upon it at Carrefour. I flipped through the pages to satisfy my curiosity and was quickly enamored. Thanks to my PHD undertaking this past one year and a half, I am more attuned to my own culture. I am really humbled by the beauty of the Malay language and the wealth of wisdom this dictionary offers. It is truly a treasure!

Book # 5 ...


Enough ramblings. Happiness is temporary.  I reckon 2012 will be a challenging year. Not gonna bother with resolutions.  I only have two wishes. Amin Ya Rabbal Alamin...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home