Worst jet lag

Usually, jet lag is not this big of an issue for me. I'm not sure why I'm so disoriented this time. It could be due to the amount of chocolate and french fries I've eaten in the last two and a half weeks. ~ April Winchell

Every time I fly, I get really bad jet lag. But they didn’t last for long. The most was 2 days. What normally happens when I arrive on the first day is (I normally arrive early in the morning), sleep right from noon till evening. After that, I would be fine. This time around however, I really, really, really suffered. Not for two days, but SEVEN excruciating days!
For one week, I got the urge to sleep at 6 or 7 or 8, which was unusual for me, who normally sleeps at 11ish. Then, I'd wake up at 4, and found myself counting sheep till it’s time for suboh. I also had problems driving. My eyes had the urge to close everytime I drove. Forget coffee. It didn’t work. Another urge that I experienced was the urge to eat rice. I wouldn’t say I was deprived of rice when I was traveling but this urge that I got was so uncontrolable, like I had not had rice for 3 months! But the worst symptom was the itchiness that I felt all over my body. A lot of parts on my body itched! I scratched and scratched (I prayed nobody was looking) till a handful colonies of red marks appeared on my thighs and my arms. At times, tiny sprinkles of blood oozes, leaving (eventually) all these tiny, thin chocolaty marks called kudis.
I had known what jet lag is all about. Nevertheless, I read again. Most websites define jet lag as the feeling of tiredness and confusion in which people exeperience after making a long journey in a plane to a place where the time is different from the place they left. Yeah, right! So, the key words are: tiredness and confusion. True enough, since I was sleepy and couldn’t concentrate on my driving. But how do you explain the itchiness and the uncontrollable cravings for rice, huh? Somebody ought to do a research on these! Who knows, they might help extend the definition of jet lag!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home