The Nut Graph


History, though, shows us that the people who end up changing the world—the great political, scientific, social, technological, artistic, even sports revolutionaries—are always nuts, until they’re right, and then they’re geniuses. ~John Eliot, Ph.D.

Apps available for Androids or iphones or whatever computer-cum-smart phones out there, can do wonders. Really. Like the Zombie Booth. I almost fainted when I saw my Zombied face. I've never seen anything so hideous! And so funny (this realization came after I overcame my paranoia).
The use of Apps has got me thinking. Those geeks out there should really come up with an App for people like me. Believe me, if I could come up with it myself, I would. Well, for ease of reference, let's tentatively call this App - The Nut Graph. It's an App that would record the high and low points in my life  in the form of a graph. Like those bell-curve graphs you did in Physics or Add Maths.
The rationale for this App is plenty.
1. It will help me monitor my PhD-induced mood swing. Like, if I see that I'd been low for about three days,then I know that I gotta do something about it. Like talk it out with someone or something. Or try as much as I could to make my graph go up. Like talk it out with someone or something. Or try to see when I've actually reached those high points and identify the reasons why. Things happen for a reason. For all I know my graph is declining simply because I've got my menses. Or my supervisor has trampled on my ego. Or both.
2. It will be a reminder of how lonely and treacherous the 3 or 4 year journey has been. I'll probably be able to see the funny side of it after 10 years.
3. It will help reduce hair fall. I would really love to think that the excessive hair fall I've experienced lately is due to the journey I'm undertaking. Not because life's catching up. I think this App will save me a trip  to Yun Nam Hair Care in future.
4. It would also help if this App could give me a slap in the face whenever I'm slackening or feeling like aborting my more-arduous-than-I'd-expected study.

Hey you geeks out there, this is a challenge, yaw!!! Bring me the Nut Graph!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home