My Humble Abode

Oblivious – Not aware of something especially what is happening around you.
Ignorant – Not having enough knowledge, understanding or information about something.

I don’t know which word best describes me where my neighbourhood is concerned. I am well aware of the developments that have taken place and are taking place in this neighbourhood. Compared to when I first moved in 7 years ago, Bandar Seri Putra has evolved into an almost complete township. It now has, among others, a post office, a police station, a 7E, and rows and rows of all kinds of shops and schools. A government-funded medical centre is also being built. The primary school, which is located very, very near to my house, is now complete and will be open in no time. The sekolah agama is also complete, waiting to be open. The secondary school is probably gonna be complete next year. The developer has also demarcated the site for a mosque. Amen. I am therefore not oblivious where developments in BSP is concerned. Nor am I ignorant.
Recently, while trying to google maps to my place (and getting about 178000 results), I came across a website that is dedicated to all residents at BSP. I was shocked! Beyond belief! There is this guy (God bless his soul) who writes about ALL the happenings in BSP! And the best thing is, he does this soooo passionately! It is almost as if he's the third-person omniscient narrator in a book who knows and has access to everything! Or a CNN news presenter who reports everything, from domestic affairs to sports! Through his website, I learnt a lot of things about BSP. Things I didn't think exist or happen are actually existing and happening! When I was reading this website I almost shed a tear. The owner/writer of this website knows about most of the things that have happened in BSP including recent break-ins and car thefts, which I think are really important information to be shared. I felt a chill ran down my spine when the words break-ins and car thefts were mentioned. I’ve been a victim of the former and it was a nightmare that I don’t want to relive. To this particular guy (whoever you are), I salute you and please don’t stop sharing. People like you are my heroes. Click here to see his website and you’ll know what I mean. It sure takes a lot of compassion and love to maintain that website.
But wait, this website is not the only website I encountered. There are actually many BSP houses-for-sale ads on the internet. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I saw the pic of my house in one of the websites! Surely my house is not for sale, I thought. I should know. But after a bit of scrutiny here and there I realized that it is actually the house next door that is on sale. Yup, silly me, my neighbour moved out a few months back and I suppose they have been advertising on the Net. But, hey, how come my house is also in the pic, huh? But it looks nice anyways, kinda cute. Hehehe. I guess I can’t help but be house-proud. Below are the pics in the ad that I've copied-pasted and my house is the one on the extreme left *blush*. Click here to see the ad. In case you're house-hunting. We can be great neighbours ;-)



Well, with these new discoveries, coupled with my own knowledge about my neighbourhood, I guess I’m not that oblivious or ignorant about BSP. I am just an information super highway late bloomer. But maybe I'm just a slow learner. Hiks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home