Reality Check

The person you were last year does not exist. Personality is a flowing, changing complex of interrelated factors. You are not the same person you were yesterday. ~Rosemary Dennis


Personality tests are fun. It’s a quick reality check that doesn’t hurt, does it? Sometimes we just get too busy with our lives, or too busy serving other people that we just become reality impaired. I took one recently, as recommended by Iman, and here are the results. I guess I would have agreed with some of the results here if I had been younger, but now that I’m wiser (euphemism for older, mind you), I do have to differ on certain things :-)


Your view on yourself: Other people find you very interesting, but you are really hiding your true self. Your friends love you because you are a good listener. They'll probably still love you if you learn to be yourself with them.

Izzy: Crap. I might have a strong personality but I don’t think I have an interesting one. I’m not sure I’m a good listener but I think I am. I am always myself when I’m with friends.


The type of girlfriend/boyfriend you are looking for: You like serious, smart and determined people. You don't judge a book by its cover, so good-looking people aren't necessarily your style. This makes you an attractive person in many people's eyes.

Izzy: Very true :-D


Your readiness to commit to a relationship: You are ready to commit as soon as you meet the right person. And you believe you will pretty much know as soon as you meet that person.

Izzy: Yup, I’m forever ready :-D


The seriousness of your love: You like to flirt and behave seductively. The opposite sex finds this very attractive, and that's why you'll always have admirers hanging off your arms. But how serious are you about choosing someone to be in a relationship with?

Izzy: I didn’t know I had all these talents ;-)


Your views on education: Education is very important in life. You want to study hard and learn as much as you can.

Izzy: Yup, provided it’s in Bath ;-)


The right job for you: You have plenty of dream jobs but have little chance of doing any of them if you don't focus on something in particular. You need to choose something and go for it to be happy and achieve success.

Izzy: I only have two dream jobs - What I’m doing now and Married to the person I love (this is a dream job albeit an unpaid one)


How do you view success: You are afraid of failure and scared to have a go at the career you would like to have in case you don't succeed. Don't give up when you haven't yet even started! Be courageous.

Izzy: Yup, I don't handle failure very well.


What are you most afraid of: You are concerned about your image and the way others see you. This means that you try very hard to be accepted by other people. It's time for you to believe in who you are, not what you wear.

Izzy: What crap is this? The first part is probably true but I don’t care whether people accept me or not. And I do believe in who I am. What I wear is my business and nothing to do with me not believing in myself. Pfffttt.


Who is your true self: You are mature, reasonable, honest and give good advice. People ask for your comments on all sorts of different issues. Sometimes you might find yourself in a dilemma when trapped with a problem, which your heart rather than your head needs to solve.

Izzy: I think I use my head most of the time.


Your romantic self: You are the type to fall quickly and passionately in love, but will commit to a person forever when this happens. When you choose to love someone, it's going to be a strong relationship and nothing will come between you and your lover. But beware: love can turn you blind, and the rest of the world might cease to exist while you are in that honeymoon phase. When you come down from your high, you may find you have neglected other people and things that you love.

Izzy: Exactly, but I wouldn’t neglect other people that I care about. People that I care about are my assets :-)

Comments

Iman Hayat said…
this is almost the same as mine lol.
Pandan said…
hehehe. really? *chuckle,chuckle*
krishnakbs said…
Enjoyed this. Its so true!

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home