Woe Zone

Friendships are fragile things, and require as much handling as any other fragile and precious things. ~ Randolph S. Bourne

Mork
Mindy? Why do you look so glum, dear? I think you haven’t smiled for about three days now. Is something bothering you?

Mindy
That’s an understatement.

Mork
Oh okay. Is someone bothering you, dear?

Mindy
A so-called long time friend, if you must know.

Mork
Oh. What did she do? It must be something serious.

Mindy
It’s not what she did, it’s what she said.

Mork
What did she say, dear?

Mindy
She said she couldn’t stand my forgetfulness. I always put her through a lot of trouble by being forgetful. Plus, it was the third time I did it. Well, those were what she told me, in so many words.

Mork
That’s not fair! I’ve never met anybody who doesn’t forget. You’re not the forgetful type. I’ve known you for so long and you’re anything but forgetful! Plus, honey, she made it sound like you purposely forgot! You didn’t, did you?

Mindy
Of course not!

Mork
What kind of a friend would label you as forgetful?

Mindy
A friend who keeps tab on my faults?

Mork
Then I am sorry for you, honey. I don’t have a friend like that.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

One Kiddo's Opinion

Genealogy 101

Driving Home